Nothing is working anymore

Auteur Réponses
Jump to the page: 1 - 2
Daerandin Dimanche 23 Mars 2014 à 18:08

I just wanted to post another way for Archers to use PoL and PulseAudio 5.0. Using 64-bit wine versions in PoL work, and I am currently in the process of installing several of my games in 64-bit virtual drives to check if things work as before. So far everything seem to work perfectly.
Vidar Vendredi 28 Mars 2014 à 20:46

I can't get 64 bit wine to work either.

[code]ALSA lib dlmisc.c:252:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/[/code]

Seems to affect both :(

EDIT: Just to clarify, it seems to work on some wine versions and not on others.

Still, on any wine version I try from 1.5 to the latest Wine configuration always crashes when I click the Audio tab :\

Edité par Vidar

Daerandin Vendredi 28 Mars 2014 à 21:02

I can't get 64 bit wine to work either.

ALSA lib dlmisc.c:252:(snd1_dlobj_cache_get) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/

Seems to affect both :(

Quote from Vidar

That is odd. Are you sure you specifically selected 64-bit installation when setting up a new virtual drive? According to all comments on Arch forums, as well as my own experience, 64-bit virtual drives do work with the new Pulse Audio.

I assume you know that there is no way to convert an already existing virtual drive from 32-bit to 64-bit.

Otherwise you can either downgrade the packages pulseaudio, libpulse and lib32-libpulse to get it working. Or set up .asoundrc as previously mentioned as a temporary workaround.
Vidar Vendredi 28 Mars 2014 à 21:15

I should have clarified. I edited my post.

I did create a new 64bit prefix and installed a game. I tried an old wine version 1.5.7 with a vertex patch and it crashes with that error. I then tried with normal 1.7.14 and the game works but clicking the Audio tab in Wine configuration crashes too.
Daerandin Vendredi 28 Mars 2014 à 21:21

The new pulseaudio version has been nothing but problems in my opinion. I do hope upstream recognize the issues and fix it by the next version.

You can create a temporary .asoundrc as previously mentioned. It will let PoL applications output to your specified hardware device without needing to go through pulse, which solves the problem. But it is not a good permanent solution. You could keep the .asoundrc in a different directory, and just move it into your home folder just before playing something from PoL.

The only other thing I can think of is to downgrade, provided you have not cleared your pacman cache.

Edit: In case it could be of interest. I also had problems with both Timidity and Munt, which is use to get great sound in old games running through DosBox. In order to fix this problem, I had to edit /etc/pulse/daemon.conf and add the line:

default-fragment-size-msec = 5

and then restart pulseaudio (pulseaudio -k && pulseaudio --start). Others mentioned on Arch forums that this also solved problems with crackling audio and other minor issues.

Edité par Daerandin