- Name of the distribution (and its version): Fedora 15 64 bit.
- Name of the software and its version (ex: Wine 0.9.37). Not sure, playonlinux shows 2 versions of Wine installed: 1.2 and 1.3.28. I've installed the Guild Wars client and Steam from the playonlinux scripts.
- Your desktop (KDE, Gnome, Xfce, Fluxbox...) I've tried Gnome 3, KDE and LXDE.
- Errors from the software. And if possible, tell when and/or where it happens: No error, what happens described below.
- Your computer configuration. I have an Asus G73S 3D Intel I7 2.0, 8 gigs RAM, using the proprietary nVidia driver.
I know the CD/DVD version of the Sims 3 runs (with a no-cd hack) under Wine. However, I recently bought the whole set on Steam (during a sale) and I'd like to get this Steam version working. The Steam version runs on my windows 7 install without issues, but it's on a NTFS drive and from what I've read elsewhere I can't hope to copy the STEAMAPPS directory across to my linux side.
What I'm not sure of is what fixes are needed to get the steam version running. I know the launcher doesn't work but I don't know how to launch the game from Playonlinux without clicking on the Steam library Play button. When I click on the play button in my library, the small box launches that gives me the choice between launching the game or viewing the support information. When I launch the game, a box pops up briefly that shows "first time setup" and says "installing (step of )". It doesn't show that it's installing anything and the step numbers are blank. The box disappears and then nothing happens.