You are here
All the games from http://www.realarcade.com/
Friday 13 June 2008 at 17:53
I would be interested in using a lot of the games distributed from real arcade.
Almost all of them have a free play for 1 Hour so it's easy to test them.
Someone can tell me if they are supported and how to install them?
I downloaded a couple of them and they all seems to have the same installer, for example:
RealArcade-Installer_feedingfrenzy_ambientv2.exe of 572272 bytes.
If I try to run it via wine I get the following error:
fixme:shell:SHAutoComplete SHAutoComplete stub
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000580
and a return to the prompt.
Saturday 2 May 2009 at 17:47
Has anyone looked at this? If so, is there a solution? If I can get this to work, then I could get my family to at least try linux.
Saturday 2 May 2009 at 20:24
You can try to install it without help of PlayOnLinux to do so:
1) remove your "~./wine" directory and run winecfg then close it
2) paste "wget http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks && sh winetricks wsh56 msxml3 ie6" in terminal
You can try to install it also with help of PlayOnLinux to do so:
1) download unofficial POL Helper plugin which is at the end of
2) install it to your "~/.PlayOnLinux/plugins/" directory
3) Run it out of PlayOnLinux
4) press "Create POL Prefix" and type e.g. "RealArcade" in New POL prefix name
5) press "Create POL Prefix" and close this window
6) press "winetricks" then "To WINEPREFIX"
7) select "RealArcade" as "Chosen WINEPREFIX" and press "run winetricks"
8) then select msxml3, ie6, wsh56 and press OK
9) you can close POL Helper as it will not be needed now
10) press install
11) on the bottom press "Install a .pol package or an unsupported application"
12) choose "Manual installation" and press forward
13) choose "Edit an application already installed" and press forward
14) choose "RealArcade" and press forward
You may need to repeat points from 10) if it fails. For me it worked at 3rd time.
It does work with Robinson Crusoe. If it will work for you too then please post test result
Edited by NSLW
You are here: