I have a probelm with GW2 thast began over a month ago. It's like the well known run error; my character continues to move after I stop pressing a move key as if the buffer is full. I have changed the wine used, updated POL, and even switched keyboards. I am down to reinstalling with a comeplete redownload (& with the new expansion that will take the better part of a day.)
Before I go that far I want to try the built in Repair feature. listed as:
- Locate your Gw2.exe file.
- Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.
- Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.
- Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.
- Locate the Target line and add –repair to the end. (Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\gw2.exe” -repair)
- Click OK
But I can't seem to work out how to do this. Running a link is not like a shortcut in windows, the target line is not accessable. The command propt in wine seems logical but it's a no go.