Stuck in creating virtual drive
|jwick5||Monday 8 October 2018 at 2:30|
im trying to install Averenum the complete saga and it just stays at create virtual drive. im using ubuntu 18.04
Can anyone help,here is debug info....
|ubuntubudgie||Friday 31 July 2020 at 23:14|
I am trying to install Averenum the complete saga too, using Ubuntu Budgie 20.
(1) The seven Avernum games are sold as a single package 'The Complete Saga' but they are only available on the website as single games which have to be downloaded individually.
(2) When PlayOnLinux attempts to download 'The Complete Saga' there is no *.exe that corresponds to that description so I select one of the seven individual games *.exe to install.
(3) PlayOnLinux then attempts to install the game - and for hours it shows the message "please wait while ... the_complete_saga.exe installs. It frequently generates the message 'unable to connect to GOG please check your wifi connection' - there is nothing wrong with my wifi.
(4) It is a wild guess, but I suspect that there may be an incompatibility between what PlayOnLinux is trying to find and install and the actual *.exe files available for download and installation. Thus despite repeated attempts and wasted hours waiting for the games to install all I get is 'please wait'.
(5) Maybe someone reading this message could check whether the misnaming of the files is the reason why the games never install?
(6) It only cost about £10 so it is no big loss if I have to write off this whole frustrating episode but I would really enjoy playing the Avernum games again (spent hours playing these games back in the day and want to take a trip down memory lane).
BTW, just to mention in passing, my eyesight is poor so I set my laptop to scale the fonts to 125%. Because PlayOnLinux does not have scaleable displays most of the writing is unreadable on every pop-up - the text just writes over the lines above. It may be that the solution is there in the app but because I cannot read it I cannot find it. And the exact same problem affects this forum display too - half the text is off the screen on the righthand side. I use Vivaldi browser and I can scale the text to fit the window but I am typing this message by guesswork because the text is now so small I cannot read it. I think the people working on PlayOnLinux maye need to review their support for disabled users. Not all of us have 20:20 vision - just a thought.
Anyway, if someone could contact me about how to get Avernum to install, that would be great. Many thanks.