Test PC 1: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (2ghz single core, with 3ghz Pentium 4 performance), 1 GB DDR RAM,
Radeon HD 4650 512mb AGP, non wide screen LCD monitor
Test PC 2: Similar but with an old NVIDIA AGP,Ubuntu 9.04 and maybe a different sound chip
Tested: * Single player modes:
- Instant action mode extensively, on 3 maps
- The first mission
* The LAN and Internet multi-player modes
Bugs: * Game crashes when color depth is set to 32 bit (PC 1)
* Minor problems with menu font (PC 1 - fixed by 1.3 patch (public beta 5.1))
* Unreadable text chat font (PC 1 - fixed by 1.3 patch (public beta 5.1))
* Sometimes when this game is started, the keyboard does not respond in the pilot & saved games menus (PC 1 -
fixed by 1.3 patch (public beta 5.1))
* The backspace key does not always respond when typing (PC 1 & 2 - fixed by 1.3 patch (public beta 5.1))
* Problem with engine sound (PC 2)
* Quitting a game play mode takes me to my desktop (PC 2 - try ctrl+alt+left/right arrow key)
* A desktop panel appears when I start a game play mode (PC 2 - try alt+tab)
Internet - Yes, with playable lag (tested with 1.2 patch installed)
LAN - Yes
I was able to play this game with max graphics and a good frame rate in full screen mode with the games
maximum resolution of 1280x1024, on PC 2 with its NVIDIA card. On PC 1 with its ATI Radeon, I could not set the
color depth to 32 bit and the games fonts were messy.
I will submit this script for validation after I have tested Battlezone 2 with other wine versions.
I will also submit an install script for the 1.3 patch (public beta 5.1), I am currently testing it and have noticed some compatibility improvements, with the keyboard and font bugs being fixed. I will post this patches install script into a separate thread for feedback, before I submit it for validation.