Wednesday 2 January 2008 at 0:25
I wish you a good and happy 2008 year. I hope you have passed a good saint Sylvestre night with you familly or your friends
Happy 2008 year!!!
And sorry once more for the late. (I didn't find any cool pciture this time ).
Sunday 30 December 2007 at 18:00
NVIDIA 2007 Year in Review
AMD 2007 Year in Review
Sources: Phoronix.com (AYiR 2007 NVIDIA et AMD)
Sunday 30 December 2007 at 17:10
Wine makes us a Christmas gift in late: the 0.9.52 release of Wine.
Let's see that festive menu:
* Improved graphics tablet support.
* Support for RPC context handles.
* Fixes for some longstanding screen depth issues.
* Implementation of "My Network Places" shell folder.
* Lots of bug fixes.
I wish you all to have good time during this fest period (and do not misuse the chocolates, it's bad for your health)
Sunday 30 December 2007 at 16:59
NVIDIA being yet informed, you just have to wait for the fixe.
Sunday 23 December 2007 at 23:49
Today on PlayOnLinux, it's Christmas before the day And for present, here is the 2.0.5 version of your favorite software to play on GNU/Linux. Here are the brought changes.
The expert menu is now named tools
I hope to not disturb you too much with this huge change, but the expert word didn't incite peoples to use this menu. And it's a pity with all the functions that it can bring to PlayOnLinux.
Wine Look in the tools menu
Wine Look is a brand new tool for WorkOnLinux. Actually, it's the new name of WolTheme. I benefited from it to improve it.
You have now choice between 5 themes (for the moment):
- Ubuntu Human
Click on a theme to see a preview
New functionalities for scritpers
Opens the user's browser.
Opens the "theme choice" window. In the present case, the theme will be apply to the Steam prefixes.
Translation of the PlayOnLinux's functions
Our friends, the English-speaking scripters will be delighted. They can script in English since PlayOnLinux 2.0.5.
error is equivalent to erreur
warning is equivalent to attention
run_and_wait is equivalent to attendre
download is equivalent to telecharger
select_file is equivalent to selectionner_fichier
show_file is equivalent to afficher_fichier
.deb and .tar.gz packages are ready, .rpm ones are on the way.
Here is the dowload page: http://www.playonmac.com/en/download.html
Sunday 23 December 2007 at 11:54
But let's go back to this news subject, the brand new 1.4 version and its brought changes:
- New sprites (jungle plant, etc.)
- An image cache for a faster loading, notably during levels starts or the level editor loading.
- Bug fixes like crashs of in the settings of the level editor or fireplants not displayed in itembox.
to see the complete and detailed changelog, go HERE.
Packages for different distributions, for Windows, and sources are available on this page. BEWARE! Musics aren't wtih the game, they are in a compressed archive to unpack in the game folder, except for Gentoo, Debian, and Slackware packages.
Official website: Secrectmaryo.org
Sunday 23 December 2007 at 12:05
More precisely, the changes are:
- A better monitor detection.
- More stability.
- A text-mode restoration.
- Added RS600 chipset support and preliminary support for the RV670 chipset (Radeon HD 3850 and Radeon HD 3870 cards).
- Gamma, palette and RandR mode selection fixes.
- Initial support for HDMI by treating it like DVI.
The complete and detailed changelog is available in the driver's archive.
The archive containing the driver which have to be complied (named xf86-video-radeonhd-1.1.0) is available at this adress: ftp://ftp.freedesktop.org/pub/individual/driver/
With X.Org 7.0 or later, unpack the archive, go in the just created directory and launch the following commands:
$ make install
For more infos about installation, problems or other, please see the X.Org wiki page about the radeonHD driver.
Saturday 22 December 2007 at 13:04
Today, I done an installation script for Internet Explorer 6.
Internet Explorer is very difficult to set up in Wine. Indeed, a lot of adjustments must be done to prevent Wine to use his gecko browser.
I used ies4linux. By the way, I want to thanks ies4linux's developers: without them, nothing would have been possible.
So, the script takes responsibility for:
- Downloading ies4linux.
- Installing Internet Explorer 6 (with ies4linux) in the right place.
- Creating launchers.
Thus, the prefixes is perfectly intregrated to WorkOnLinux and all the menus are still available.
What's the interest of using Internet Explorer under Linux?
Web developers will understand me very well. It permit to verify that your website is compatible with one of the most used browser under Windows. Internet Explorer respects very badly the W3C standards, and we can expect any kind of unforeseen results. In addition, PlayOnLinux has a little problem with the menu at the top of the banner page
If you are a web developer and you are interested in Internet Explorer 6, please update WorkOnLinux.
If you want to test your website with other Internet Explorer versions (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5.5,6 and 7), go on ies4linux's website.
But, please, do not use this script surf on the Internet ...
Friday 21 December 2007 at 15:04
- Added support for GeForce 8800 GT, GeForce 8800 GTS 512 and GeForce 8800M.
- Improved modesetting support and fixed stability problems on Quadro/GeForce 8 series GPUs.
- Improved performances for all the GeForce 8 cards.
- Fixed bugs with XRender, the X.Org extension.
- Better setting management for the HDMI, the DVI and the HDTV.
- For workstation users, it's interesting to note that the CUDA driver (Compute Unified Device Architecture) is now directly integrate in the executable file.
- And still more changes ...
To see the complete change changelog, go on the NVIDIA website's official page.
Now, let's talk about drivers for AMD/ATI video cards:
- Fixed OpenGL memory leak (existing since the total rebuild of the driver).
- 3D acceleration works now with AGP cards.
- And much more (server crash with X -configure, fixes for OpenGL overlay, etc.)
But it brings some innovations too, such as:
- Official support of Red Flag DT 6.0 and openSUSE 10.3.
- FireGL video cards (for workstation) support.
Go HERE to see the complete changelog.
Finnaly, let's finish with the open-source ATI driver's 6.7.197 version. Since the 6.7.197 version, over than three dozens of changes were made. Here are the major ones:
- improved "PLL" handling.
- Better detection of notebook's lid closing via Linux ACPI.
- Fixe for EXA transforms.
- Better Mac support.
You can see the complete changelog on the X.Org mailing-list.
[Closed-Source] NVIDIA 169.07 for x86 (US mirror)
[Closed-Source] NVIDIA 169.07 for x86-64 (US mirror)
[Closed-Source] AMD Catalyst 7.12 for x86
[Closed-Source] AMD Catalyst 7.12 for x86-64
[Open-Source] ATI 6.7.197
Sources : Labo-Linux.org & Phoronix.com (HERE, OVER THERE and THERE)
Thursday 20 December 2007 at 18:47
"Total Annihilation direct, in a far away futur, two enemy factions, the Core and the Arm, which clash in a thousand-year-old combat for the galaxy's domination.
In the beginning, the Core was an organization which aims to settle the largest possible number of planets, for the humanity's well-being. Howover, in order to free them from human being's limitations, they tried a massive transfer of brains in machines and caused a rebellion movement named the Arm.
After four milleniums of fights, the confrontation between the two organizations degenerated at the point to ruin the resources of all the galaxy after having destroyed million planets. At the game's begin, this war couldn't have any other exit than a complete annihilation of the opponent. That's with this minimalist argument a merciless fight starts."
This update brings an important number of changes:
- Added Defense Range V3.1, by verybadsoldier
- Added Healthbars widget by jK
- Added Customformations widget by jK
- Added unit_mex_upgrader.lua by BigHead
- Increased Juggernaut's Mass
- Decreased Sumo's range, this also effects MohoExploiter and Doomsday machine
- Nukes will no longer collide with Friendly units (so it wont go BOOM above your base, when it hits a fighter :P),
- Added an image needed for the buildbar widget.
- Fixed Rapier and Blade missile's
- Arm Destroyer slighty more DPS (7%)
- Nerfed Doomsday Armour 5% to 8%
- Consul begins building faster now, thanks Krogoth86
- Replaced Adv Fusion models with the CA models, Thanks Saktoth
- Added Some lights on some factory's a la CA.
- Added LUPS, which adds some effects to certain units, Many thanks go out to jK for making LUPS
- Necro and rector will leave a corpse now.
- Removed corpses which aren't needed.
- New set of Loadscreens
- Levithan/Serpent are Battle subs now
- Sharks/Piranha's are Sub Killers now
- Flagship Range Increased.
- Reduced Costs of Anti-Air ships
- And a lot of other changes.
You can download Balanced Annihilation 5.91,and see the complete changlog, by clicking on this button:
For more infos: see The Spring Project's website.
Sources : Jeuxlinux.fr & The Spring Project & Unknow-files.net & Wikipedia Fr.